How do you make offers on properites?

• How do you make offers on properites?

Posted by Ericka de Paula on February 21, 2023 at 11:30 am

Wanted to see what kind of offers people are making? Do you ever think of asking the owner to hold a note if the property is free and clear? Or do you find out the amount of debt that is left on mortgage and ask if you could do a “subject-to” the mortgage or even assume it? What are some ways that you all make creative deals or are you unsure? Look forward to having an open discussion about this topic

Ericka de Paula replied 1 year, 1 month ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Karen Flower https://buyitrentitprofit.com?aff=karen

February 21, 2023 at 2:50 pm

Definitely unsure and looking forward to learning more!

• Francisco Rivera

February 27, 2023 at 3:01 pm

I think creative structuring will work more on off-market properties where you have direct contact with the owner. I have not done a deal but have heard of smaller MF deals being controlled by master leasing, other than loan assumptions I have not seen the larger deals done creatively. If the deal is on-market it’s something you will discuss with the broker and see if it’s an option or put the terms in the letter of intent.

• Ericka de Paula

Organizer
      March 1, 2023 at 1:40 pm

Absolutely! Dealing direct with the seller is always better, however, there are some realtors out there that will work with you and allow you to discuss directly with the seller. Perhaps when talking to the realtor, you can give them some more benefits as well. Controlling with a master lease is always great. One of my favorite structures with master leasing is adding an option to purchase the MF after 3, 5, or 10 years and for every dollar spent in repairs, $2 dollars will come off the purchase price in the future.